Steve Shebuski, VP of Digital Strategy
Guiding businesses through their digital transformation journey
Blue Horseshoe announced the latest updates to Advanced Warehousing for AX (AWAX) as part of the Supply Chain Suite for Dynamics 365. These new features span everything from Demand Based Slotting Replenishment to Catch Weight Enhancements.
Blue Horseshoe continues to extend the power and functionality of the new WHS module included in Dynamics AX2012 R3 and Dynamics 365. As the original architects of the new warehousing module, previously called WAX (Warehousing for AX), Blue Horseshoe has the unique ability to understand, design and implement new features that leverage the existing architecture of the Microsoft Dynamics Warehousing Module.
Blue Horseshoe’s Advanced Warehousing for AX (AWAX)
Demand Based Slotting Replenishment
Demand based slotting enables you to configure slotting templates that slot aggregate demand to dynamic locations and create replenishment work, increasing picking efficiency.
- Generate a view of aggregate inventory demand using AX query tool
- Dynamically slot generated demand to assigned locations
- Configure an overflow location for when demand inventory is not slotted
- Create replenishment work based off of slotting locations
- Automatically create let up work to clear out inventory to make room for incoming replenishments
- Allow wave demand to use slotting replenishment work
- Allow replenishment work to exceed capacity of locations
- Additional replenishment work is held until space in location frees up as picking work is executed
Catch Weight Enhancements
Additional functionality added for catch weight items that are also warehouse enabled.
- Item valuation form added which shows the value of physical inventory while taking into account any catch weight adjustments that may have occurred
- When executing warehouse transactions for catch weight items, the system will now move the actual system weight if moving the entire quantity of a physical dimension set
Pick Line Grouping Enhancements
Pick line grouping functionality expanded to support additional work scenarios.
- Work units that contain multiple items and/or multiple locations are supported
- Standard pick options such as “Full”, “Short Pick”, “Override”, and “Skip” are supported
Work Line Details Form
New form which shows a grid view of work detail lines.
- Allows for easy sorting/viewing at the work detail level, giving an informative picture of warehouse operations
- Full screen option to update the location on a work detail line
Item Consolidation/Location Utilization Form
New form which displays the volumetric utilization of locations, and allows you to create inventory movement work.
- Filterable utilization percentage is displayed
- Multi-select locations and create inventory movement work in order to consolidate items
- Better utilizing warehouse space
Location Update Configurations
Configurations added at the location profile level to enable/disable location update fields.
- Enable/disable the tracking of LP sequence number, location status, item in location, and last activity date and time
- Improve warehouse performance by disabling location update fields that are not used
If you want to learn more about our Supply Chain Suite for Dynamics 365, contact us.