In your fast paced work environment, it's easy to forget to check up on workflow-related events. Dynamics AX 2012 allows you to set up email alerts so you always see what documents are ready for approval and what workflow-related processes have been complete.
Setting Up Email Alerts
- Setup an email address for any user who will receive the alerts and enable workflow email alerts for that user
- System Administration -> Common -> Users
- Highlight the user and click Options. Enter the users E-mail address.
- On the left side click ‘Notifications’ and then check the box next to ‘Send notifications in email’.
- Configure AX E-mail Parameters to use the SMTP server
- System Administration -> Setup -> System -> E-mail Parameters
- Enter the appropriate information specific to your mail server.
- Create an email template
- Organization Administration -> Setup -> E-mail Templates
- Check the ‘Show system e-mails’ box. This must be done before setting up the template. If the template is not setup as a system e-mail then it will not be available later when we assign it to a workflow.
- Assign your email template to the specific workflow
- Open the workflow, select Basic Settings and choose your workflow template
- Setup the appropriate notifications on the specific task/control/approval
- Setup the batch job to distribute the email messages
- System Administration -> Periodic -> E-mail Processing -> Batch
- If you want the emails to send out on a regular schedule then make sure you select the batch processing box and adjust the recurrence to reflect that schedule.
- Monitor e-mail sending status
- System Administration -> Periodic -> E-mail Processing -> E-mail Sending Status
- You will see pending/failed messages in the grid if you have any available to view. The check box at the top will include successfully sent out messages as well as the pending/failed.
If you have questions about setting up workflow email alerts in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, fill out the form below and we will connect with you.